While all aesthetic practitioners require the knowledge of how to use a needle to administer dermal filler, many choose to learn the cannula technique. The cannula technique has many advantages and has been shown to reduce swelling and bruising while increasing patient safety. This course will cover all areas included in our Basic Filler Training Course but does so using the cannula. Extensive pre-course material is provided to you both through APT Injection Training and our training partner, MATA Training Academy. Further instructions are provided upon registration.
1. Overview of anatomy and physiology as applied to the skin
2. Types of dermal fillers, their history, FDA approval, properties/mechanism of action, indications of each product’s use
3. Emphasis on establishing client expectations, contraindications, potentials risks including use of hyaluronidase and emergency procedures
4. Proper injection techniques using a cannula
5. Understanding the consultation and treatment processes through interactive teaching
6. Practical – smoothing lines, filling creases, contouring and enhancing facial features using dermal fillers in the follow treatment sites:
APT Injection Training offers a wide range of toxin and dermal filler training and certification courses that are open for all registered medical practitioners, including, in general, doctors, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, nurse practitioners and dentists.. Each province or state has a specific list of medical professionals whose scope of practice includes aesthetic injectables, so if you dont’ find yourself on the above list, please contact us for more information. Depending on your injecting experience, APT Injection Training has a customized course for appropriate individuals interested in building a career in aesthetics.
Feel free to contact us. We will reply to your inquiry within 24 hours.
Canadian education opens doors to endless possibilities. In addition to training at our facility in Oakville, Canada, we now provide online and distance education to licensed nurses and doctors across the world. We take pride in being the only training facility in Canada to offer international certification in aesthetic medicine accredited by OTHM, the globally regulated certification body.